Re: Apple Events

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: Apple Events
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:59:03 -0600

On Feb 15, 2011, at 5:50 AM, Leo wrote:

> On 2011-02-15 03:08 +0800, Perry Smith wrote:
>> The hook I have redefines mac-ae-get-url to catch what I think are
>> called "Apple Events" but I can't find anything about Apple Events in
>> the Emacs 23 code (so far).
>
> I curious about how you make use of Apple Event. Could you give an
> example? For example, is it possible to use it to make Emacs recognise
> apple remote?

I don't know really much what I'm doing.  Peter seems more knowledgeable on
the Mac interface.

This URL:

http://groups.google.com/group/merb/browse_thread/thread/b647138d9fe79a74

has the small lisp function that I use to interpret the txmt "protocol".  I also
updated a "how to" on this group:

http://groups.google.com/group/emacs-on-rails/browse_frm/thread/11c7e1562fa3e908

I hope this helps.

Perry