Re: Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:07:18 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> We must have very different thresholds of pain.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Take a look at this dump:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/gnus/dumps/write_article.png

Do you know why it looks like that, and not like some stinking,
bloodsucking Windows MS Access with a white background, a blinking
cursor, a minimal font, constant popups, and lack of shortcuts and
cursor movement functionality that will have you reach for the
mouse, type, type again, type ten, twenty times as much as I've
been able to minimize it to, through years of customization,
setting up zsh and Emacs shorthands in absurdum never to have to
strike a single key that is not necessary?

I suspect you probably don't get any of this, because if you did,
you would never say what you said with zero information about the
other person, accept that you disagreed over some silly issue.

But, ... just for the record, I know I'm far from the only guy who
suffered physically because of love for computers.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573