Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:32:07 +0400

Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone know if there is a tool to automatically and interactively
> type text in a window (frame in Emacs terminology) with specified speed?
> I only tried xdotool but it 'type' very quickly (I already have idea to
> use xdotool and sleep to control 'type' speed).

As far as I understand, xdotool just sends KeyPress/KeyRelease with
XSendEvent, and sleeping is the only reasonable way to slow down (i
don't think there are such specific utilities).  But why do you want to
do it?  I didn't get whether it's correlated with your Problem 1 (some
kind of workaround maybe).