Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: Weirdness with Input Method/quail : how to figure out source of it?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:03:15 +0900

Hello,
** ISHIKAWA,chiaki [2013-08-16 18:45:53 +0900]:

> Hello,

> Just to be sure that everyone understands the background of the issue:

> Are you running emacs under which OS?
>  Linux (which distribution)?
>  FreeBSD ?
>  Solaris ?

Archlinux x86_64

> Also, is it natively run on hardware, or is it run inside
> virtual environment such as
>  - VirtualBox
>  - VMPlayer
>  - other,

Natively, on several computers with different processors (AMD and
Intel), all x86_64, all running Archlinux.

> on which host OS if this is the case
> etc.?

> I had a strange key repeat problem running linux (Debian) inside VirtualBox
> running on Windows XP host a couple of years ago, and ever since I have a
> a line to control key repeat in my x startup file in the linux image
> in that computer.
> And yes, the problem was intermittent.
> But this problem was noticed on every program in the linux image, not only by
> Emacs,
> but by shell and others. So this may not be quite the cause in your case.

Thanks for information (I thought I could run other Linux distribution
in virtual machine and try to run one of stable release of Emacs).

> Chiaki

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Q:      What do little WASPs want to be when they grow up?
A:      The very best person they can possibly be.