Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:24:17 +0200

> Format the documentation string so that it fits in an Emacs
> window on an 80-column screen.  It is a good idea for most lines
> to be no wider than 60 characters.

It seems, I have a 70-column (or char) screen when using Emacs, so
if people stuck to the "good idea", that'd work for me. But the
line I mentioned (in the documentation of find-file) is below the
hard-limit of 80 chars, so I can't really bang them in the head
with the above quote, can I?

> `emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column'

Cool, will check that out!

> It sometimes happens that someone writes a doc string that is
> too wide.  That is what `M-x report-emacs-bug' is for.

You always tell me I should report all problems as bugs. I don't
think that is a good attitude, I rather examine how to fix the
problem myself. So you don't need to repeat that all the
time. Only if I find really obvious bugs, I'll report them, and
you don't need to tell me to. I stopped go on and on about the
mouse, remember? So relax. But I appreciate the other info you
provided. Or, put it like this: Thanks for the -- help.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573