Re: contractor resources for emacs extension development

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: contractor resources for emacs extension development
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:06:56 +0200

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I needed just a little trick to make outorg work with message mode, and
>> now I can write arbitrarily complex emails in full Org-mode for the
>> price of doing M-# M-# (M-x outorg-edit-as-org) once to fire up the
>> *outorg-edit-buffer*, and then M-# (M-x outorg-copy-edits-and-exit) to
>> convert the modified content back to its original format. Its really
>> handy to be able to write _and_ evaluate code examples directly in the
>> buffer you are writing your email in ...
>
> How do you do this? I just gave it a try, and I got an error message
> when invoking outorg-edit-as-org:
>
> ,----
> | outline-back-to-heading: before first heading
> `----

Did you set the hooks?

In my .emacs I find e.g.

,-------------------------------------------------------------
| (add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook 'outshine-hook-function))
| (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode)
| (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode))

so whenever outline-minor-mode is activated, the
`outshine-hook-function' is called for setting up things. For
emacs-lisp-mode and message-mode (and others not listed) I then activate
outline-minor-mode by default.

HTH

--
cheers,