Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Mini Manual (PART 3) - CUSTOMIZING AND EXTENDING EMACS
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 19:11:49 +0200

solidius4747@gmail.com writes:

> Screencast is a recording of screen using video or
> image like GIF. I used GIF for demonstrating what
> Emacs looks like when it has 3rd party packages and
> properly configured. For example, I showed users that
> Emacs is also capable of context-sensitive completion
> for C/C++, GUD GDB provides an easy to use and
> interactive user interface, with colors, Magit...

Yes, I think this is what I call screenshot or dump.

In this context, let me mention I found a cool way to
do it for Linux VT/tty/console users. In another
terminal, execute the following zsh function (with the
assumption that Emacs is in /dev/tty1) -

dumpemacs () {
    file=$1.png
    sudo fbgrab -c 1 $file
    sudo chown $USER $file
}

I don't know why you have to do it as superuser and
IIRC it didn't help to 'chmod +s' - also, perhaps the
group should be changed as well - but anyway, the
screenshot looks great - here is a screenshot of me
writing this:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/screencast.png

--
underground experts united