Gnus + emacs.stackexchange (was: Re: reddit)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Gnus + emacs.stackexchange (was: Re: reddit)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 23:31:55 +0200

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Are there a lot of interesting stuff going on
>>> there? I keep an eye on it, but there's not much
>>> interesting, IMO. There's more (and more
>>> interesting) activity here and on
>>> emacs.stackexchange.
>
> Is there a way to see the Emacs.stackexchange Q&A
> in gnus?

In the Group buffer, do `gnus-group-enter-server-mode'
(or hit S-6, or '^' - I have that 'S' instead, which
is much better, by the way).

Now, you should see a line:

    nntp: news.gwene.org

Go to it and hit RET.

If you don't see it, try to add this to you the/an
init file:

    (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '( ; ...
         (nntp "news.gwene.org") ))

Next, find

    K   2597: gwene.com.stackexchange.emacs

Hit 'u' for `gnus-browse-unsubscribe-current-group' (I
have that 's') to remove the "K" sign (for killed,
i.e. not added).

It is very confusing: to subscribe, you have to
unsubscribe, and if you haven't done anything, you are
a killer... "You get ship if I get trip. ... That's
a ship? Who cares, as long as it flies."

Only bummer is you can't reply to Gwene posts.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573