Re: How to IRC?

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: How to IRC?
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 06:46:29 -0500 (EST)

People exist who aren't even graphically-oriented. Not many of us mind you, but we do exist nonetheless. I have only the command line version of talkingarch linux installed for that reason and memory limitations which may only permit a graphical user environment using orca to run with extreme latency if it runs at all; this machine only has a gig of memory.

Aside from that, I found erc works and takes my credentials from .bashrc to do so and it does not get automatically disconnected by remote server. irc in emacs gets disconnected every time when connecting to freenode.net which is where erc goes to connect. Why this is, I don't know.