Re: Change appearance of selected image

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Change appearance of selected image
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 13:18:27 +0100

Eike Kettner <eike@eknet.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting more and more used to view photos in Emacs. I now have a
> buffer with thumbnails and when I move in that buffer the image is
> selected as expected.

I guess you are speaking of `image-dired'?

> However, the selected image is hardly visible as being selected. A
> thin dark rectangle is drawn around it. How can I change that?

You should be able to find that as a user option.  Try to browse options
with

   M-x customize-group image-dired RET

> And how can I make Emacs draw/display another rectangle around an
> image, so it may appear as “marked”?

Seems this is not implemented (yet).  A feature request (M-x
report-emacs-bug) might be appropriate.  But it might be the case that
this was not implemented by intent.

Regards,

Michael