Re: ESC vs Meta for shifted keys

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: ESC vs Meta for shifted keys
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 17:40:09 -0600

Bob Proulx wrote:

> https://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/lear-siegler-adm3a-terminal-keyboard-t11780.html
>
> Compare the arrow keys on the h, j, k, l on the ADM-3a to the ...

I will also add to this to look at the position of the control key.
That is the position where I got used to it being.  When IBM came out
with their keyboard and put capslock there it was a tragedy!  This is
why I remap capslock to control and find it hard to use control in any
other position.  I am rather happy with the other changes such as
Return and so forth though.  (shrug)

In the ADM-3a one also sees the relationship between HOME and ~ too.
It was really quite the trend setter. :-)

  https://jbcrawford.us/history/computers/adm3a

Bob