Re: Where do I find the emacs-module.h after make install?

From: Mike Rosset
Subject: Re: Where do I find the emacs-module.h after make install?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 08:11:08 -0700

>> @Eli Is this is bug? For folks building emacs locally and having
>> version-specific install folders, it would be nice to have version-specific
>> emacs-module.h copied to their respective include/ directories, right?
>>

> It's not a bug since emacs modules are runtime loaded. All you need is the
header to compile. Emacs then dynamic loads the module using a common entry
point. This may be subject to the emacs-26.1 changes below.

Additionally, the emacs 26.1 release does not have the emacs-module.h too:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/src?h=emacs-26.1
>
> I see only emacs-module.h.in in there.
>
>  It's possible emacs-module.h.in has some macros used by autotools now.
So this might be a change in 26.1 . I cant update my example for 26.1 just
yet. So hopefully someone else knows.

The simplest solution is check the 26.1 tarball and see if it exists there,
and just manually copy and and it to your projects VC. this requires
copyright compliance. It's really the only reason I used the wget method
anyway.