Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:13:51 +0200

On Thursday, 13 Sep 2018 at 05:39, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com>
>> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 22:10:57 +0200
>

>> One key aspect where Rmail is failing
>> is it collects all the emails into a single
>> file. This will soon be unmanageably big.
>
> That's not true, because you are supposed to delete mails you no
> longer need, or file them to various mail folders.

Maybe but I'd rather have the system work for me instead of me having to
work at it.  gnus will smartly auto-delete emails for me and will split
(if desired) as well.  In any case, with good searching capabilities, I
find I no longer split much of my email but keep it in a single "group"
(aka folder).

(I'm not pushing gnus as there are plenty of other alternatives some
people prefer.)

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.13 on Debian buster/sid