Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 20:05:18 +0300

On 14/09/2018 05:40 -0500, Devin Prater wrote:

> I'm still looking for a good way to use Gnus. I have a few email
> addresses, and putting in all the server info is quite a bit of work
> compared to other,non-Emacs clients, like Gmail, Apple Mail, and even
> Outlook. They look at the @domain, like @gmail.com, in the Email
> Address, and just get the server info from that, and its good.
> I know that many probably use their own mail server, or do some
> mystical Emacs stuff to make it faster, but as a person who has come
> from the GUI all his life, but also loves the simple genius of a UI
> and UX that Emacs offers, I'd love to have the option to streamline
> all this, kind of like the setup for ZSH, which is just awesome.,

If you mean sending mail, then gnus-posting-styles helps, here's an
example:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
         (address "me@private-server.com")
         ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp private-server.com 587"))
        ("nnfolder\\+mailserver:mail.work"
         (address "me@work-server.com")
         ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp work-server.com 587"))))

It will apply these parameters when replying to an article from a group.
Also they are applied when you do `C-u m' with point on a group in Group
buffer.

But they are not applied when forwarding mail, probably I haven't
configured something, or just should file a bug.

Filipp