Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 15:58:47 +0100

On Friday, 14 Sep 2018 at 11:31, Loris Bennett wrote:
> My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a pure IMAP solution for
> Emacs with which I can search 'in milliseconds'.  A worst case for me is
> more like 10 seconds, although ultimately I can also live with that.

Although it may be something one can live with, I found that I did very
few searches due to the latency.  In my case, 10s was probably the best
case scenario with the office365 exchanger server I have to use for
work.  I've moved to pop3 for that server and use notmuch (from within
gnus, of course) for local searching and it makes *all* the difference.

Knowing that searching works well and efficiently means I have to worry
less about filing/splitting to find what I need when I need it.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.13 on Debian buster/sid