Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 22:00:03 +1000

Ergus writes:

> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 07:35:58PM +0900, 조성빈 wrote:
>>
>>2019. 5. 19. 오후 5:16, Van L 작성:
>>
>>> Emanuel Berg writes:
>>>
>>For the refined keybindings, Spacemacs can provide a good starting point.
>>
>>> [snip]
>>
>> Most
>> newcomers are familiar with finding functionality with the mouse;
>> and it isn’t intuitive to find new keybindings/functions that Emacs
>> provide to boost productivity. (Actually, that’s one of my problems;
>> how should I find new functions...?)
>>
> Ohh, Have you seen/used which-key? counsel/ivy list them, but which-key
> does the same with the bindings. Spacemacs uses it.

Thank you for suggesting the which-key-mode. Awesome.

A possible starting point for transitioning from the mouse to boosting
keyboard productivity is for the right third of the keyboard under the
delete-key to do arrow-key navigation and block/line/page/def jumping
through text by hyper or super key combos on the eight keys around RET
and SHIFT. Sending the right hand all the way to the bottom right corner
for the arrow keys requires an entire hand move, again, to get back.

When Elon Musk ships the Neural Lace Link (NLL) you can be the Dilbert CEO
and think the Strategic Consultant to move the mouse to have things done
for you.

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835