Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 09:31:30 +0300

> Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 06:42:06 +0200
> From: Emanuel Berg via help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
> I think the tone of this very reply confirms he
> is right.

What "tone" is that?  Those were simple questions, asked in good
faith, using polite wording.  I quite clearly disagree with the
opinion that "new/different ideas are not really very welcome", but
disagreement should not be taken as bad attitude, especially when
backed up by facts.  Disagreement and its expressions are legitimate
in discussions, and serve an important purpose of helping to approach
the truth by mentioning different aspects and POVs.

On the contrary, claims such as yours are IMO harming the discussions
because they make people think twice before posting their legitimate
opinions, lest they will be accused of having a "tone".