Re: Bookmarks in EWW

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Bookmarks in EWW
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 23:33:58 +0100

> So no, I don't think such things apply "in a uniform way for
> all implementations" of a make-record function.  They're only
> for EWW.

Ok, noted ;-)

> (BTW, there's nothing about "sessions" in the Bookmark+ code,
> AFAIK; I haven't understood that part either, of your and
> Marcin's messages.)

A session in a browser is a page loaded in some tab or window, at least
it's the term used in w3m and eww AFAIK.  If you open a link or a
different page in a different buffer, leaving the old buffer untouched,
you open it in a new session.

> 'Nuff said.  I'm not pushing anyone to use code similar to what
> I offered.  My point is that those particular features were
> added specifically for use with EWW - they're not Bookmark+
> features used for any other kinds of bookmarks.

Ok, all is well.  For my part, I don't doubt the usefulness of what you
suggest, I just don't have the time to create a bigger patch because I
just stumbled in here too... so I want to offer a minimum of features
for now, anyone can extend it later.

Michael.