Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 02:43:11 +0200

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> It's not the question of speed, but of
> distractions. Annoying workflow full of
> distractions (like moving the point in the other
> window manually) is very inefficient.

Aha, _manually_. No, of course you can't have that.
I thought you meant moving point in general.

But I still don't understand why to have virtually
the same code thrice...

>> Well, that's a task for a parser rather to convert
>> between one format to another... very mechanical
>> and easy.
>
> Have you ever done a real-world translation like
> this...?

Every time I ever compiled source code for example.
Also browsing the web involves the browser parsing
HTML and CSS. It happens all the time when using
a computer.

>> It depends how many there are... should be
>> systemized just as everything unusual is in any
>> trade. Easy thing to do with huge gain and
>> possible to build on and extend...
>
> As I said - you're right, but this is definitely
> not a major issue.

... idiomatic translations of phrases isn't
a major issue?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573