Re: finding the hork point in ~/.emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: finding the hork point in ~/.emacs
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 22:52:31 +0200

ken wrote:

> In another thread I spoke too soon about my
> ~/.emacs fully working.  A lot of it isn't being
> executed.  This, to my understanding, means that
> some code is no longer working (since my recent
> emacs upgrade).  Is there some really good method
> or log file or something else which would help
> finding where the hork point is?

You can do the so-called binary search, which is
a fancy name for this method

  code_1
  code_2
  code_n
  code_m

then do

  code_1
  code_2
  ;; code_n
  ;; code_m

if it still doesn't work, problem is in 1 or 2, so

  code_1
  ;; code_2
  ;; code_n
  ;; code_m

if it ... etc

And: the better you write the code to begin with, the
better this method will work :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573