Re: finding the hork point in ~/.emacs

From: Carson Chittom
Subject: Re: finding the hork point in ~/.emacs
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 19:53:56 -0500

ken <gebser@mousecar.com> writes:

In another thread I spoke too soon about my ~/.emacs fully working. A lot of it isn't being executed. This, to my understanding, means that some code is no longer working (since my recent emacs upgrade). Is there some really good method or log file or something else which would
help finding where the hork point is?

I will admit that I'm still at the stage of copy-and-pasting others' configurations to get what I want.

Occasionally it happens that that Emacs barfs on that configuration. So I just do

emacs -Q

and then visit ~/.emacs. I then try to C-x C-e every individual statement, until I find the one that Emacs doesn't like.