Re: package-autoremove ? Looking like a bug...

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: package-autoremove ? Looking like a bug...
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 22:33:22 -0700

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> No response from John Wiegley.

I would therefore propose to report this as a bug at the use-package
issue tracker.

> What do you think of 'straight.el'?

I haven't had the chance to use it, so I can only judge on having
studied the authors own description.  I don't think it would make a good
replacement for package.el in general, but it has some good ideas that
package.el could certainly learn from.

The main benefit with straight.el seems to be that it clones git
repositories for all your packages.  Personally, I don't mind visiting a
website to get the clone url and pasting that into a terminal when I
need to.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas