RE: Auto Fill Comments

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Auto Fill Comments
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 11:06:12 -0800 (PST)

> My experience has been that as I got to do more things in emacs lisp,
> the understanding needed quickly exceeded my rate of learning.

I'd put it this way, speaking of myself and others I know:

 "the understanding possible quickly exceeded..."

IOW, as usual in life, the more you know the more
questions you have - and the more interesting the
questions are.

It's not so much that I _need_ to know all the
stuff I've newly become aware of.  It's that I
_can_ learn it.  And yes, sometimes it's not
immediately obvious which of all the new info
I glimpse on the horizon I really do need
immediately.

> One can get to sophisticated constructs, even when trying to do
> relatively simple things.  You never know where your original
> plan could get you. Many times the importance of a work is not
> measured by its consequences (i.e. by the final command).

100% agreement.

But again, this is not a failing from the fact
that all that additional info is _available_.

It can be a failing if you can't see how you
really want (or need) to proceed, to get to the
info you most immediately need.