Re: Auto Fill Comments

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 23:38:15 +0100

> Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 at 11:15 PM
> From: "Michael Heerdegen" <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
>
> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:
>
> > Agreed.  But telling users that one does not work for them is
> > excessive, to say the least.
>
> Taking care of this manual is excessive.  I have much respect for
> the work Eli is doing.

Quite correct, got to be a group effort.  We can only write on things we
understand.
Yes, writing takes a lot of time.  Never said he should do it all personally.
But
as he is the maintainer, he can put that on the todo list and make that public.

> You can never write a manual that fits everyone's expectations.  It fits
> mine quite well.  Yours not, obviously.

It fits up to a certain level.  In source code it is more problematic as
the first try has always been to get to a solution and do it quickly.

I know some who started to work on something else out of frustration,
or because they found code which is too complicated.  I am talking about
extremely bright people here (e.g. Guy Steele, Rich Hickey, Carsten Dominik,
Linus Torvalds).