RE: Describe keymap

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Describe keymap
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 12:01:38 -0800 (PST)

> I am wondering why there is not a function like describe-keymap in order
> to present a keymap in a human readable way.
>
> I suppose that most of the infrastructure must be there because that's
> what describe-bindings does. So, really nobody have needed such a
> command before?????

I added `describe-keymap' to my library `help-fns+.el'
in 2007.  It's still there.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/help-fns%2b.el

A while ago we added it to vanilla Emacs, for Emacs 28.
(The version in `help-fns+.el' is still better, IMO,
but they're essentially the same.)

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HelpPlus