Re: Describe keymap

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Describe keymap
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 00:18:50 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:

>>   S <t>           gnus-article-read-summary-send-keys
>>
>> the angle brackets;
>
> That's just the standard Emacs way of writing a key binding.
> `C-h k' and `C-h b' use the same syntax. `describe-keymap' does
> nothing special here.

Well, it might be the standard somewhere else, but here it is
the one exception:

  [...]
  S W             gnus-article-wide-reply-with-original
  S <t>           gnus-article-read-summary-send-keys

  C-h b           gnus-article-describe-bindings
  C-h c           gnus-article-describe-key-briefly
  C-h k           gnus-article-describe-key

  C-c C-b         gnus-bug
  C-c C-f         gnus-summary-mail-forward
  C-c TAB         gnus-info-find-node
  C-c RET         gnus-article-mail
  C-c ^           gnus-article-refer-article
  [...]

>>   <remap>         Prefix Command
>>   <remap> <self-insert-command>   gnus-article-read-summary-keys
>>
>> ?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the question. But see above.
> There's nothing special/different about how `describe-keymap'
> lists key bindings. It just shows the key bindings of
> a keymap in human-readable form (as opposed to what `C-h v'
> shows you for a keymap variable).

What do these lines mean?

--
underground experts united