Re: Understanding the "let" construct and the setting of variables

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Understanding the "let" construct and the setting of variables
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 21:45:37 +0300

* Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> [2020-12-18 21:23]:
> > Instructions like that belong on a website where they become easily
> > searchable for other users to understand it.
> >
> > We could index all the mailing list easily and provide search engine
> > for this.
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/
>
> Searching there for "Instructions like that" I get:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%22Instructions+like+that%22&submit=Search%21&idxname=help-gnu-emacs&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

Maybe. But I have got a feeling that is unused search. What I was
meaning but did not express it that search should be exposed to
public.

I am not sure if that namazu search engine provides good relevancy:

I found this link:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=emacs+float+&submit=Search%21&idxname=help-gnu-emacs&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

Then I can see there: . Re: Inconsistency: sometimes an integer,
sometimes a float

and if I search for:

inconsistency sometime integer sometimes float

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=inconsistency+sometime+integer+sometimes+float&submit=Search%21&idxname=help-gnu-emacs&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

small mistake with "sometime" instead of "sometimes" and I do not get
any result.

Great is to have search engine. But people are not there, they are on
Reddit, stackexchange.

Would this search engine offer various hyperlinks on pages like "last
searches" by using GET method, then global search engines would index
it better.

This way I never find Emacs mailing list as one of results when I
search something related to Emacs. I find other websites.