Re: finding stuff

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: finding stuff
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 04:18:06 -0500

First run info emacs, next hit the slash key and key in a search string. That's from the command line.

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021, Tomas Hlavaty wrote:

Hi,

is there a way to search "everything" which comes with Emacs?

Example: I do not remember Local Variables section syntax and have to
look it up.  I try various things, fail and end up using web browser.
That is far from ideal.

Today I invested a bit more time and found C-h d command so C-h d "local
variables" and then C-s "local variables:" finds something: one hit
only.  Now I discovered add-file-local-variable function.  But still not
the syntax of the Local Variables section.

Searching info is still a mystery to me.  Is there a way to search
across all info files?

Is there a way to search everything which comes with emacs,
e.g. function names, docstrings, info, NEWS etc?

Cheers,

Tomas