Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 17:32:09 +0300

* Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> [2021-02-11 10:55]:
> There is another issue....  I'm not sure that third-party packages will
> use the feature.  I'm also on the Reddit Emacs group.  Several of the
> people there use and develop third-party packages.  It seems to me that
> they often do that because they don't want to contribute to core.  Some
> don't like the core Emacs development team and don't  agree with their
> direction for Emacs.  So, would they use such a prefix key if it were
> offered?  Perhaps not.

In relation to those negative impressions, it would be good to lessen
generalization as then this is presented here to other people on
mailing list and feeling may go down the hill, maybe for no good
reason or justification.

Instead of telling "they don't want to contribute to core" it would be
better to say "one person" or "two persons" or better "two persons
among 12" would not like to contribute to the core and then to tell
reasons why, so to be more specific.

Core developers are IMHO friendly and hard working programmers,
extremely cooperative compared to many other societies of people, and
that statement now draws some imaginary negative image without
presenting any facts to it.

"Some don't like the core Emacs development team" -- so instead of
generalizations like that, it would be good to provide the references
as hyperlinks to those statements, that we understand what are the
actual real world problems as only so the problems can be
solved.

Did those developers already try to participate in emacs development?
There is no factual information, so generalization like that, so is
better to minimize spreading of uncertainties.

You may invite specific people to tell here on the mailing list if
they have any proposal for improvements.

What I see personally is that developers give 20 times more effort in
discussion and there is effort to comfort various opinions of unknown
and known people on this mailing list, they behave kind. Somebody may
like it or not, but instead of generalization it is better to know
exact references to any factual problems.

Jean