Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 10:26:45 +0300

* Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> [2021-02-16 10:24]:
> * Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> [2021-02-15 21:29]:
> > There are tradeoffs in any decision.
> >
> > Freeing 'C-z' up, for example, won't help most authors anyway.
>
> That is not freeing, that is blocking shell users.

Just to make sure, I do not mean "you" when using "you". I wanted to say "that
would be blocking of shell users", it is conditional, just piece of information
that serves for further considerations.

That C-z re-binding to something else is less useful also shows the pottential
conflict with CUA bindings, as when users decide to use CUA, C-z becomes
something else.

That is why C-x C-z is not quite same as C-z as when user decide to use CUA
mode, C-z becomes undo also in console. Then C-x C-z is only thing that works.