Re: Make Super key work in console

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Make Super key work in console
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 14:42:36 +0700

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 13:57, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> Alright, but I would like to find solution to be able to bind Super key in
> console with any character regardless. In combination with Super it should not
> be bell character.

You understand that the main obstacle to that is the lack of a
standardized encoding for key data in the terminal protocol? Before we
have that, you will have to find a new workaround for every terminal
emulator you use.

Earlier, I have pointed you to the only terminal emulator I know that
is trying to actually solve the problem, by inventing a protocol
extension that faithfully represents all keys. Get Emacs playing nice
with that, then push for adoption of that protocol extension in other
terminal emulators, including Linux console.