Re: console key tutorial, revised (was: Re: Make Super key work in conso

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: console key tutorial, revised (was: Re: Make Super key work in console - was Re: math (was: Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users))
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 09:58:27 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>>> and separately, define Super key in tty. At least tell me
>>> what could be done Yesterday `showkey' have shown to me in
>>> tty that it is 125. Alright. Now how to make it work
>>> in Emacs?
>>
>> The tutorial is supposed to answer that question [...]
>
> It means you do not know a solution, I will assume so.
> We need it. It could liberate thousands of possible key
> combinations before the keyboard dies on desktop. Rush.

# supposed Super key
keycode 125 = U+1004

(define-key input-decode-map [?\u1004] [super-key])
(global-set-key [super-key]
  (lambda () (interactive) (message "Jean is a lamer")) )

Works great! I'll use it every day, I think.

Files:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/vt/remap.inc
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/console-keys.el

Tutorial:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/tty-emacs-keys.txt

But I'll revert remap.inc soon, so check it out right now.
Turns out, I already had that key assign, as the
Compose key... (but I think I'll keep the Elisp. I just like
it)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573