Re: console key tutorial, revised (was: Re: Make Super key work in conso

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: console key tutorial, revised (was: Re: Make Super key work in console - was Re: math (was: Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users))
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 17:36:13 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-02-14 16:44]:
> So the Linux VTs, which are the ttys, which are sometimes
> referred to as the console, all of that, which is the same
> thing, that is a terminal emulator, technically speaking.

Alright.

> The X terminal emulators, e.g. xterm, rxvt etc, are also ...
> terminal emulators! However they are not the Linux VTs, or the
> ttys, and they shouldn't be referred to as the console.

I do not refer to such as console, but I do refer to that which
appears before X as console.

Anyway, `loadkeys' does not work in X terminals.

> > That would liberate many new keys which would be harmonized
> > between the GUI and console Emacs version.
>
> Hm... Do the X terminal emulators have a common configuration
> with respect to keys, even? Or do you do that on the XX level?

For terminal emulators I have no concern currently. I wish to enable
Super key in combination with other keys on console or however you
call the text that appears before the X is spawned.

Jean