Re: Snippet for website inquiries by using one click on the email addres

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Snippet for website inquiries by using one click on the email address
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:56:19 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

> When you show a picture on a website, it is still a picture
> and not an interactive form with user where user can click
> on the email address and invoke the mail client to
> contact you.
>
> You do that probably to avoid spam, but whoever contacts you
> and know your email address may anyway have viruses or may
> sign up onto spammy websites such as LinkedIn or others and
> provide all their contacts to third party. Third party can
> sell email addresses to other companies, or crackers can
> steal databases.

This refers to this image:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/mailto.png

> Thus with the email address as image you avoid nothing
> as webmaster.

But regardless of whatever, I don't get spam.

Besides spammers don't work like that anymore. They trade huge
dumps on Darknet rather than employ crawlers that crack
people's images with their e-mails... (hm, I didn't know this
custom was so widely spread! they got the idea from me?
from my part at least, I never saw it anywhere else)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573