Re: Make Super key work in console

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Make Super key work in console
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 17:32:28 +0300

* Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> [2021-02-16 10:43]:
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 13:57, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
>
> > Alright, but I would like to find solution to be able to bind Super key in
> > console with any character regardless. In combination with Super it should
> > not
> > be bell character.
>
> You understand that the main obstacle to that is the lack of a
> standardized encoding for key data in the terminal protocol? Before we
> have that, you will have to find a new workaround for every terminal
> emulator you use.

I got that, but let me know where is that defined that I can at least
ask one by one so that implementation comes sooner. I think it is sooo
late that some keys used for decades are not implemented.

> Earlier, I have pointed you to the only terminal emulator I know that
> is trying to actually solve the problem, by inventing a protocol
> extension that faithfully represents all keys. Get Emacs playing nice
> with that, then push for adoption of that protocol extension in other
> terminal emulators, including Linux console.

That sounds as good strategy. I have yet to research that. I know that
`konsole' works, I have to research your option.

Jean