Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 12:41:13 +0000

[It is regrettable that this thread has hijacked the proposal under discussion in the "PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key..." thread.]

We do: put 'undo' on [C-z], so that we stop hiding that feature from new users who're just trying Emacs for the first time.

Users who are trying Emacs for the first time have a direct access to "Undo": it's in the tool bar, labeled "Undo". If you put the mouse there, it says "Undo last edits (C-x u)". Moreover the bindings for "undo" are not more exotic than those of copy (M-w), cut (C-w) and paste (C-y).