Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 13:04:42 +0000

That still requires extra research on the part of the user. As well as subsequent adaptation.

I fear everything requires adaptation in Emacs ;-)

Moreover the bindings for "undo" are not more exotic than those of copy (M-w), cut (C-w) and paste (C-y).

True, even though it is a bit more exotic (the advertised binding is a whole key sequence rather than a plain modifier+key).

If you think this is a problem, I would suggest to change the advertised binding to "C-/" instead of "C-x u".