Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 10:22:43 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-02-15 21:38]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > That is what you know on Swedish keyboard. Not everybody is
> > aware that Z key is often interchanged with Y. There are
> > QWERTY and QWERTZ keyboards.
>
> Yet another shocking insight - brought to you by: Super-Jean
>
> And I'm not using a Swedish keyboard, you %&$#@!
>
> I use a Logitech G Pro Tenkeyless with the US layout, which is
> more fitted for programmers.

After some research I think not even Swedish keyboards have QWERTZ layout, so
that is why you did not react sooner yesterday. I was waiting for this reaction
btw.

> I use the compose key for Swedish chars:
>
>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/vt/remap.inc

Of course.

I use several input methods for various languages, so anything works. Recently
I found how to make remapping in Vim, so that input methods work about the
same.

Thinking now I would like to invoke Emacs Lisp globally so that I can invoke it
from Vim and insert snippets or invoke Emacs functions from any editor.

espanso could lead there, I could write something like:

:sig

and it would spawn Emacs frame with list of signatures, after selection,
signature would just appear in any editor.