Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: not good proposal: "C-z <letter>" reserved for users
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 14:14:14 +0100

Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> I'm happy to accommodate terminal users in my packages, I'm
> just saying they don't necessarily use the terminal for its
> extra features, job control in particular.

OK, if that's the way it should be, I'm not gonna be any less
generous. So here it is: GUI users can use my Elisp as well!
Even those who don't play Quake. Because I know and accept,
not all of them do.

Oh, no! I just realized! Because that's exactly right!
Quake doesn't have a GUI, it even has a text command
interpreter! So it is the worst possible example! Ma-an, I'm
so embarrassed, me and my words - I should have said Pizza
Tycoon instead...

But this shouldn't be about me. It should be about Emacs.
I have to snap out of it for our greater cause.

So now it seems the big issue is - how do we bridge the
insurmountable pit, that has opened itself, tearing the Emacs
community (or "nation") apart, with two seemingly
fundamentally different computer user types (races, if you
will), on either side?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573