Re: How to tame compiler?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to tame compiler?
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 10:45:10 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [2021-05-02 08:43]:

> > I know I sound like a broken clock, but [...]
>
> I think you would sound more like an unbroken clock if you would shortly
> tell the disadvantages of using `eval', then people would be more open
> to alternatives.

If possible, let me know one bad example in my context of expanding
plain text with embedded Emacs Lisp.

Like how it can go wrong that in same time cannot go wrong in same
replacement method?

And which replacement method could I use?

Like why did Lisp authors the `read-from-string' function if it should
not be used? It is quite common that its result will be given to `eval'.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/