Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languag

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languages
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 12:33:19 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-10 12:15]:
> What does one need to write in emacs init file to have
> outline-minor-mode for elisp files?

I am not sure how outline-minor-mode defines headings in Emacs Lisp
Mode.

But I know what I am doing, here is my .dir-locals.el:

;;; Directory Local Variables
;;; For more information see (info "(emacs) Directory Variables")

((emacs-lisp-mode . ((outline-heading-alist . '((";;;; ↝" . 2))))))

And I make headings in this particular way:

;;;; ↝ MY HEADING

And that works well, see on video:

The Power of Outline Minor Mode for Emacs
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/2/7/9/The-Power-of-Outline-Minor-Mode-for-Emacs-37279.html

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns