Re: Unicode fonts - Re: Why do I find ^L in elisp code?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Unicode fonts - Re: Why do I find ^L in elisp code?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 11:48:11 +0300

* Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> [2021-05-24 11:01]:
> On Mon, 24 May 2021 at 02:18, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
>
> > > The characters you used above are not for human-readable text, they
> > > are for mathematical formulas.  So it has nothing to do with fonts,
> > > you simply use these characters incorrectly.
> >
> > That may be technically right.
> >
> > 𝐡ut 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐒𝐚π₯ 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐒𝐚 𝑁𝐸𝐸𝐷𝑆 it.
>
> What it *wants* is a way to format text in bold, italic, monospace,
> and strikethrough,
> and so it *needs* HTML or Markdown support.

Those are built-in features.

Social media is full of ◦‒●❀♑ Β£Γ₯Γ±Β’Β₯ LΓͺ††ΓͺrΒ§ ♑❀●‒◦ beyond the built-in
features.

There is no need to constrain people in using Unicode symbols
regardless for what they are meant. People may like symbols regardless
of their meanings or political or scientific purposes.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/