Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 00:00:52 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-29 23:53]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > outline-minor-mode is universal and applies to any "mode" or
> > without mode it will create outlines depending of
> > your settings.
>
> Yeah, that's what I said even without knowing it. See?
> I'm smart.
>
> Proposition: Get back into the game and stop repeating you
> want this for Fortran - it is bad for your karma.

(⌐■_■) but outline-minor-mode could benefit from a user function that
sets it up for user how user wants it.

Serious issue is that 2 important variables: `outline-regexp' and
`outline-heading-alist' are not customizable by using M-x
customize-group

Additionally both of them should be customizable per mode. Don't you
think so?

Then user could set:

1. outline-regexp-per-mode per mode in M-x customize-group

2. outline-heading-alist-per-mode per mode in M-x customize-group and this
   variable could be used to set outline-heading-alist per mode.

And that solves the problem. Some defaults could be then set for
various already present modes in Emacs, and compatibility with
previous user settings would remain.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns