Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 02:25:17 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-31 02:01]:
> OK, personally I don't like to search for things but sure
> sometimes it is good to have around...

I would maybe implant the chip with free software in my cerebral
center so that Emacs does what I want.

Until then I have to at least enter some descriptive queries to find
what I mean.

File system may have bookmarks, but I have not seen any sophisticated
bookmarking system in any of file managers I have ever tried. Emacs is
one that allows more sophisticated bookmarking. Other file managers
literally suck on that.

Lifting it all to one layer more, then one can note anything in the
same system and tag any type of information with tags, attributes,
properties, time stamps, etc. This includes physical books and DVDs
located in the house or other items. It is activity similar to
cataloguing, ordering. If every item is ordered at the creation time
it is then a breeze to find it later.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns