Re: append, push, and add-to-list.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: append, push, and add-to-list.
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 22:15:03 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> LaTeX has a special audience, like typesetters (if it is
> write English word) and writers. For them is understandable.
> Beside the heading settings, I can write LaTeX natively
> without problem.

I'd say a general-purpose programming language like Lisp is
ten times easier to explain to anyone compared to the
intricacies of LaTeX, but it also depend on the person, some
people cannot understand programming, and these can't
understand either. I once met a guy who I considered
intelligent enough and I thought I'd draw him a for loop on
a paper, he immediately started to scream in terror about
unrelated things, anything rather than to be put to the test
and fail. Pathetic I guess, but yeah, he just couldn't do it
and he knew it.

Other people can understand a for loop but their minds are so
chaotic while they can understand individual pieces they could
never work on even a small program and hold it to some extent
in their heads at once.

And so on. I didn't believe this was the way, I thought anyone
could learn everything, but after seeing so many people fail at
the above things I now know it isn't so.

> TeX is actually easier to learn.

One would think so.

--
underground experts united