Emacs i18n

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 19:02:26 +0200

> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 12:56 AM
> From: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, moasenwood@zoho.eu
> Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
>
> * Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-07-21 11:29]:
> >
> > This would not solve the problem of doing real work.  Nobody
> > would care about that piece of software if not written in english.
>
> To contrary I think many would have benefits with software written in
> their language.
>
> > I wonder how we never got any programming languages not in the
> > english language.
>
> Here are some references in the list:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-English-based_programming_languages
>
> >  Because all those people were either living in the United States or
> > the United Kingdom.
>
> Because the computer science is based in English countries.
>
> > Could be that the French are still in denial in accepting such fact.
> > They were the original developers and authors of computing
> > technology.
>
> French based programming languages are: Logo, RoboMind, Catrobat,
> AppleScript, ALGOL 68, GOTO++, Linotte, LSE, BASICOIS, SPIP, 4th
> Dimension, so that is all from the above reference.
>
> I find the idea of translating programming language very
> important.

It is the same problem of translating english publications to other languages.
Rarely happens.  Although the best works almost always get translated, because
there exists a market for them.

The Adventures of Pinocchio is best :)

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Andersen's Fairy Tales
El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha
The Adventures of Asterix
The Adventures of Tintin
Harry Potter
Bhagavad Gita