Re: minimize-frame ?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: minimize-frame ?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 03:15:24 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Arthur Miller wrote:
>
>> Bspwm might be an option. It listens on a socket for
>> commands, so it should be possible to controll it
>> from Emacs.
>>
>> https://github.com/baskerville/bspwm
>
> Also in the Debian repos,
>
> $ aptitude show bspwm
> [...] Binary space partitioning window manager
> Bspwm is a tiling window manager that represents windows as
> the leaves of a full binary tree.
>
> Sounds Lispish alright ...

It is pretty similar to how Emacs deals with its windows; but I can't
tell much, I just tried it once long time ago. I am not so fun of tiling
managers either. I used to use dwm for quite a while, and even had my
own fork and some custom layouts, but eventually I don't like it. I come
up to conclusion that I still manage my windows, just doing different
managing operations than with floating wm.