RE: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 15:56:06 +0000

> > Try just Isearch.  Search for `(require . cl)' (note the dot).
>
> Do you mean: `M-x isearch-forward RET (require . cl) RET'?

`C-s (require . cl)'

> I tried the above command under `.emacs.d/straight/repos' directory,
> but it doesn't give any results.

If cl.el[c] was loaded, then I'd expect that fact
to be recorded in `load-history'.  Why you're not
finding it there, I don't know.  If it's in fact
not there then I don't know why that's the case
either.

> > If you have a library `foo.el' in directory
> > `/some/dir/somewhere/', where `foo.el' requires
> > library cl then you'll find a sexp such as this:
> >
> >  ("/some/dir/somewhere/foo.el"
> >   (require . cl)
> >   ...)
> >
> > You may well have loaded multiple libraries that
> > require cl.  You may be interested in all of them,
> > but the first one is likely the one that loaded
> > cl.el[c].
> >
> > (Searching `C-h v load-history' in *Help* is
> > harder, because it may split `(require 'cl)' across
> > two lines.)
>
> If so, the spanning line pattern should do the trick. Am I right?

Yes. `C-M-s' for this in *Help* for `C-h v load-history'.

(require[
 ]+[.][
 ]+cl)