Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 12:03:32 +0800

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 11:35 AM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> > $ apt-cache pkgnames | grep --  '^w.*-insane'
> > wbritish-insane
> > wamerican-insane
> > wcanadian-insane
>
> Yeah, in Debian the same:
>
>   $ aptitude search w.\*-insane
>   i   wamerican-insane                - American English dictionary words for
> /us
>   p   wbritish-insane                 - British English dictionary words for
> /usr
>   p   wcanadian-insane                - Canadian English dictionary words for
> /us

Same as yours:

$ aptitude search w.\*-insane
i A wamerican-insane
        - American English dictionary words for /usr/share/dict
p   wbritish-insane
        - British English dictionary words for /usr/share/dict
p   wcanadian-insane
        - Canadian English dictionary words for /usr/share/dict

> > But I still haven't figured out the convenient way to
> > build/create the latest insane version of English dictionary
> > words lists from its upstream repo, for which I've filed an
> > issue there [2].
>
> you can get the source with
>
>   $ git clone https://github.com/en-wl/wordlist
>
> but 'make' (as it says "To build simply type [...] make" in
> the README.md) gives me just errors.

I can run make without any errors, but the insane word list file is
created by a Debian package rule, which is not available directly from
the GitHub repo.

Hongyi
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province