Re: Email Help

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Email Help
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 05:29:24 +0200

Jason Sanroma wrote:

> The installation, when I copy the tutorial I get errors
> saying it does not have permission or cannot find
> a config file.

Okay, copy what tutorial?

And what exact error message did you get and at what stage?

> I saw that RMS uses the Emacs as an email and for editing
> websites (which I would also like to do) but that's what got
> me interested.

OK, well, both are possible. RMS uses Rmail but Gnus is what
is normally recommended, tho there are several mail clients
for Emacs, actually ...

As for editing websites, that can either refer to a mode -
e.g., `mhtml-mode' to edit HTML files - or it can refer to, in
general, editing files on a remote filesystem. One can do that
with Emacs, using Tramp.

> Do you know of a good resource to help install it? I could
> give the Wiki another try.

Yeah, that is probably the best one.

--
underground experts united